Sunday, August 7, 2011

Welcome to fun-trep

It's been on my to-do list for months to start writing. My new blog, Fun-trepreneurship will serve as a vehicle for documenting my note-worthy experiences gained while founding my small business and running things in my spare time.

Fun-trepreneurship is intended to be a guide for others who wish to dabble in small business ownership as a hobby. I'll be sharing things I could have only learned by stepping through the transient start-up process while working full-time in an unrelated field. This blog is for anyone interested enough to read and tailored specifically for those looking to moonlight by starting a small business for fun.

My tips, tricks and insight are unvarnished and don't necessarily align with academic business concepts. This is because as an engineer, I possess no formal business training. To balance things out, guest bloggers will appear from time to time with more seasoned or lingo-consistent insight.

If you've ever had a business idea that kept you up at night with excitement, convinced you had your mind wrapped around a concept that would absolutely work, you and I have something in common. If the time has come for your idea to take off, go for it! If you plan to limit your efforts to your spare time, stay tuned and I'll try to relay what I've learned as I learn it.

2 comments:

  1. www.tinyurl.com/3bgbfqv
    This is one of the best online businesses I've come across. You have FUN while making money.

    You must check it out. Oh yah 3 streams of income from one link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Thanks a lot for the post. I'm happy that you visited my blog! With that said, I'm not sure that this blog is about making money quickly online. It is mainly focused on discovering and sharing ways to mechanize your tangible business model in order to operate in a rhythm outside of your normal work life.

    ReplyDelete